Most cheap travelers traveling from time to time experience a moment of clarity when they question their own wisdom in using low-cost carriers. These moments often appear when the flight has been canceled or you have just arrived on the account for 300 grams of baggage excess, which you had the misfortune to accumulate on vacation.
To be honest, there is no shortage of shortcomings in the low-cost industry, but there is no doubt that it has revolutionized the planet for countless thousands of ordinary people.
For many people living in large or remote countries, they would never have the opportunity to visit foreign countries if it were not for cheap flights.
And for those who live in Europe, the whole region has become a potential place for a long weekend.
The market for long-distance and short journeys has developed rapidly, since new innovators such as Ryan Air have appeared on stage in the late 90's. This new demography of international travelers, though not without flaws, certainly increases tourism opportunities around the world.
For Australians, the entire Asian region has been opened thanks to a number of low-cost airlines [http://www.cheapest-flights.com.au], which compete with each other for lower prices.
Local tour operators in places like Great Britain turned out to be one of the biggest losers because they are suddenly competing with Spain, Portugal and Italy for a weekend holiday market.
Where the choice of the average English family was a weekend in Brighton or Portsmouth, now such places as Amsterdam, Cairo and Prague are simply a cheap flight. They prove that they can not resist the record number of travelers who take advantage of international flights every year.
Good tips for booking cheap flights:
- Always book in advance: savings will always be at the maximum if you can book a ticket well in advance.
- Travel outside of peak hours: trips off the peak and for periods between autumn and spring are always cheaper than in the summer.
- Do not be afraid to use a travel agency: some of them gain access to great offers, and if you are traveling the world for the first time, they may experience some heartache.
- Research on the internet: there are many fantastic cheap flights websites with access to some great package offers.
- In recent times security concerns have arisen – especially in Asia and Africa. When it comes to air travel, the word "cheap" should never apply to safety. If the airline can not compete on the market without limiting the budget for security, it should give up its right to act altogether. Make sure you check your airline's safety record.
The girls in their night-time hens are shouting at the guys on their bachelor parties, the room on the feet is cramped, the hostess is rude and the departure time has arrived and passed before boarding … but on arrival when you sit down and enjoy the warm alien sun on distant the edges – without breaking the shore – you'll wonder how great cheap flights are.
Cheap flights have changed the world.